Adult Mental Health First Aid for Community at Fauquier Hospital
Started September 8, 2023 45
Adult Mental Health First Aid teaches people how to recognize signs of mental health or substance use challenges in adults ages 18 and older, how to offer and provide initial help, and how to guide a person toward appropriate care if necessary. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, psychosis, and addictions.
The course covers:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.
The Mental Health Association of Fauquier County is pleased to offer this training at no cost to members of the community. This training can be completed in one 6-hour in-person session, with 2 hours of online pre-work required.